MTN SmoothTalk Plus is a special tariff plan from MTN that allows customers to make calls at a flat rate of 15k/secs to all networks in Nigeria. This new tariff plan does not involve any daily or monthly fee except for the fact that your first one (1) minute call for the day will be charged at 40k/ secs ( that is NGN 24.00/ min).
Migration code for the MTN SmoothTalk Plus
To migrate to the MTN SmoothTalk Plus tariff plan, dial *401# or send 401 to 131.
Features of the MTN SmoothTalk Plus
- From 12:00am (00:00) on Day 1, MTN will begin to record and accumulate the duration of all the National calls that you make.
- For the first one minute of calls that you make, combination of MTN-to-MTN and MTN-to-other Networks calls will be charged at 40 kobo per second.
- As soon as you make a total of 60 seconds call, your MTN-to-MTN and MTN-to-Other networks calls will now be charged at 15 kobo per second for the rest of the day.
- At 11:59pm (23:59), your total call duration will be re-set to 00:00 minutes and your national call rate will return to 40 kobo per second.
- At 12:00am (00:00) on Day 2, the same will happen - after your first one minute of call at 40 kobo per second, your MTN-to-MTN calls and MTN-to-Other Networks will be charged at 15 kobo per second for the rest of the day.