This windows.old folder will help you revert to the previous version of windows at any point in time but the downside about its creation is that the Windows.old folder occupies a lot of space on your Hard disk and if you are satisfied with your current Windows 10, there is no reason why you shouldn't get rid of the Giga-bytes consuming Windows.old folder. This post will guide you on how to properly remove the Windows.old folder from your Hard Disk.
SEE ALSO: How to Enable Hibernation Mode on Windows 10 and 8
Steps to properly remove Windows.old folder from your Windows 10
Although, the Windows.old folder is just a folder containing files located in the hard drive, you can not just highlight and delete it; the best way is to use the Disk Clean up tool as described below:
- Press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to open File Explorer
- Click This PC from the left pane
- On the right pane, under Devices and Drives, right click Local Disc (C:) and select properties as seen in the screenshot below.
- Click Disk Cleanup Button
- Click Cleanup System Files towards the bottom of the Window
- Click the radio button for Previous Windows Installation(s) to properly delete the windows.old file on your Hard disk.
- Click OK
- Click Delete on the pop-up window that shows up
- Click Yes to confirm the cleanup process.
Got any contributions or comments? Kindly tell us via the comments box below this page. Enjoy!