Microsoft Word allows you to add some security to your Manuscripts. This involves the use of Password to prevent unauthorized access to your Word Document, this post will guide you on how to protect your MS-Word Documents using Password.
SEE ALSO: How to Automatically Generate Table of Contents in Microsoft Word
How to protect your Microsoft Word Documents with Password
- Open the word file you want to Password
|Microsoft Word Document|
- Towards the left, click the Microsoft logo or files Button
- Click Protect Document > Select Encrypt with Password from the drop-down Menu as seen in the screenshot below.
|Microsoft Word Setting|
- Enter the Password you wish to use; you will be asked to enter it twice
|Encrypt MSWord Doc|
- Click OK and close the document.
- Henceforth, you will be required to enter the password whenever you attempt opening the file.
I hope this was helpful, don't forget to share it and leave your thoughts via the comments box below this page.