Duplicates photos can consume a lot of valuable space on your Windows PC's hard drive or external storage, and even on OneDrive especially now that Onedrive users can no longer enjoy unlimited storage like they used to.
This post will guide you on how you can get rid of duplicate photos on your Windows PC using Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder.
SEE ALSO: How to Fully backup your Windows 10 or 8.1 PC by yourself
Deleting Duplicate Photos on Windows PC
- Go to the Duplicate Photo Finder download page
- Click Download Portable Version as seen in the screen shot below
- After successful download, right-click the Zip folder and select Extract All
- After completing the step above, double-click the AwesomePhotoFinder.exe file you extracted to launch the tool.
- On the Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder interface, click the + button towards the left corner to choose a Folder on your PC you would like to scan for Duplicate images.
- Click the Start Search button to begin the scan.
- After a successful scanning of the Folder, the app will display all the duplicate images alongside the similarity score. Simply click the Delete button on the images you don't want to keep.
- Now Click Yes to confirm Delete.
- You should repeat the process for other images on the list you wish to delete.
I recommended downloading the Portable version because it doesn't carry out any installation on your Hard drive which in other words prevent any unusual behavior on your PC
Do you know of any other application that can serve the same purpose? Tell us via comments. Cheers!