Do you know that you can lock and unlock your personal laptop with a Universal Serial Board? The need for this arises when you do not want colleagues to access your documents, pictures, music and videos.
To use a USB as a lock, the user will download predatorwhich is an application developed to specifically lock and unlock a system. You can also use an inbuilt Windows system called Syskey. Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 hotel booking portal shares tips on how you can lock and unlock your computer with a USB.
Steps to Lock or Unlock Laptop Using predator
· Download and Install Predator.
· Insert the flash drive when predator launches.
· As soon as you insert the USB, a dialogue box will pop-up requesting a password
· Use the flash drive to create a password and click on ok.
· You can safely remove your USB
· Unlock your system using the same password you used to lock it.
Steps to Lock or Unlock PC with sysKey
· Connect your Pendrive or USB to your system.
· Search for run and type in SysKey
· An encryption dialogue box will appear, enable it then click on update.
· You can either use password startup and system generated a password.
· Select the system generated password and Click store startup key on a floppy disc, enter password.
This is a Guest Post by Adeniyi Ogunfowoke, a Travel/ Technology Writer | +2348090747241 | Skype: Sleeksavvy
Got Any Contribution to this Post? Kindly share it via comments